- 24 Hour Home Care
- Assisted Living In the Home
- Companion Care
- Dementia and Alzheimer's Disease Care
- End of Life Care
- Fall Risk Reduction
- Grocery & Home Shopping
- Interactive Caregiving™
- Meal Preparation
- Medication Reminders
- Personal Care
- Respite Care
- Technology Solutions
- Transitioning Home
- Veterans Care
Fall Risk Reduction Program Promotes Safety Through Home Care for the Elderly in Palatine, IL
Comfort Keepers helps seniors maintain a clutter-free, safe environment to prevent falls in the home
Taking a fall can significantly impact an older adult's quality of life. A little-known fact is that the vast majority of emergency room visits by people over the age of 65 are actually the direct result of taking a fall. That is why Comfort Keepers puts such a strong emphasis on fall risk reduction as part of our home care for the elderly program.
It is only natural that a senior would want to remain in the comfort of their own home as they age. However, doing so can become dangerous as many seniors reach a point where they are facing too many challenges, making it impossible to continue living independently. Situations like this are easily remedied by home care for the elderly. A compassionate caregiver can be there for your loved one and provide them with all the support they need to stay on top of their daily chores.
Thankfully, home care for the elderly professionals can help your loved one reduce their risk of taking a fall. If you decide to go with Comfort Keepers, one of our caregivers will begin fall-proofing your loved one's home right away. Learn more about the process:
- The fall-proofing begins with an assessment of your loved one's home.
- Once our caregiver has identified risks, they will begin decluttering your loved one's home and remove any fall risks like slippery rugs and phone cords.
- A good way to prevent falls is with exercise. Our caregiver can help motivate your loved one to work out and take them to any classes they would like. The stronger your loved one becomes, the lower their risk of taking a fall will be because they will have improved their balance and reflexes.
- In case of an accident or unexpected event, our specially trained caregivers are able to contact emergency medical services in a timely manner. You can rest assured that your loved one will get the help they need more quickly than if they were alone when an accident occurred. For this reason, an at-home caregiver can be a good option for seniors who are mostly independent but could benefit from a helping hand around the house.
To find out more about home care for the elderly in Palatine, IL, please give our friendly Comfort Keepers a call today! We’re happy to work with you and your loved one to find a care solution that best meets your needs.
Contact us today!
Thank you for contacting us!
A member of our home care team, will contact you as soon as possible.