We are currently seeking highly dependable, mature, and reliable Caregivers who love to care for the elderly and want to make a difference in the lives of seniors!
We are currently seeking highly dependable, mature, and reliable Caregivers who love to care for the elderly and want to make a difference in the lives of seniors! Our Caregivers provide non-medical, in-home support and home management services to our clients, which include seniors and others requiring a little extra assistance in their day to day lives. The Caregiver provides companionship to those individuals requiring socialization and minimum guidance for a safe, protected, clean, and orderly environment.
Our ideal Caregiver has a high school diploma or GED and previous experience caring for seniors and/or the disabled. He or she must have a genuine desire to help others, excellent business and personal references, and reliable transportation. Applicants must be bondable, must agree to random drug and alcohol testing, and must be able to pass the required training and orientation program and all background checks.
- Helps provide a clean, safe, and healthy environment by performing light housekeeping tasks and helping with laundry
- May prepare and serve meals as directed and ensures that dishes are washed and kitchen is clean after each meal
- Provides companionship for the client including, but not limited to, talking and listening, reading aloud, and providing social and emotional support
- Reminds client to take self-administered medications
- Helps client with personal care functions as needed, such as bathing/grooming and toileting/incontinence care
- Provides occasional transportation for the client to complete errands/appointments
- Observes and reports any changes in the client’s mental, physical, or emotional condition or home situation to immediate supervisor
- Ensures that required documentation is complete and is in compliance with regulations and standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- Previous experience preferred
- Must meet or exceed the minimum qualifications for required background checks
- Unrestricted driver's license and clean driving record
- Reliable transportation and valid automobile insurance
- Knowledge of general sanitary and safety practices
- Able to follow spoken and written instructions and document services provided
- Able to function independently in the home setting with minimal direct supervision
- Able to maintain satisfactory relationships with clients, family, and team members
- Able to stand, sit, walk, reach, kneel, crouch, and lift up to 25 pounds